Coming this Fall! Child Safety Link celebrates 20th birthday with free speaker series
This year marks the 20th anniversary for Child Safety Link (CSL), the IWK’s own injury prevention program! Leading up to the birthday on November 20, CSL will be celebrating this milestone by offering a speaker series featuring some of the most prominent children’s injury prevention topics and experts. These free webinars will be open to all IWK staff and other professionals who work with children/families; please note that registration is not required. Links to the webinars are posted below!
The following list includes the presentation slides and full videos from past sessions. Please note: if you have missed a webinar, we will be posting all webinar recordings to the right side column on this page when they are complete:
- Sept. 9, 1-2 p.m.: Analysis of the Atlantic Cost of Injury & One Chance to Be a Child reports with Dr. Laura Stymiest and CSL’s Sandra Newton
Click here for the Atlantic Cost of Injury Report Presentation slides
Click here for the One Chance to be a Child Report slides
Click here for the recording of this presentation on YouTube.
- Sept. 21: Child Passenger Safety: Buckle Up Toolkits & Resources with CSL’s Katherine Hutka
Click here for the Child Passenger Safety presentation slides
Click here for the Child Passenger Safety presentation recording on YouTube
- Oct. 13: Concussion Prevention for Children & Youth with Dr. Tina Atkinson and CSL’s Samantha Noseworthy (rescheduled from Oct. 4)
Click here for the Concussion Prevention presentation slides
Click here for the Concussion Prevention presentation recording on YouTube
- Oct. 19: Poison Prevention: Myth Busters with Laurie Mosher of the Atlantic Canada Poison Centre and Sandra Newton, Child Safety Link
Click here for the Poison Prevention presentation slides
Click here for the Poison Prevention presentation recording on YouTube
- Nov. 17: Evaluation 101: what you need to know with Dorian Watts from the Canadian Evaluation Society, NS Chapter
Click here for the
Click here for the Evaluation 101 presentation recording on YouTube
- Nov 23: Outdoor & Risky Play for African Nova Scotian Children: The Impacts of Anti-Black Racism Guest speakers: Jessie-Lee McIsaac and Milena Pimentel
Click here for the Outdoor & Risky Play for African Nova Scotian Children slides
Click here for the Outdoor & Risky Play for African Nova Scotian Children recording on YouTube
For more information on CSL’s webinar series, please email Sandra Newton at Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Child Safety Link team