Newborn Safety at a Glance (0-6 months old)
Congratulations on becoming a parent! Understanding how your baby will change and grow over the next few months, and being ready for the first time something happens, will help you keep your newborn safe.
Here are some important things to keep in mind:
- Your newborn has a weak neck and a heavy head, which will need to be supported at all times.
- At around two months old, your baby will wiggle and push against things with his or her feet.
- Your baby’s skin is very thin, so it is more easily burned by hot water, hot food or liquids, and by the sun’s rays.
- Your baby may start rolling over at about 4 months old.
- Your baby may reach out and grab things that are nearby.
How You Can Keep Your Newborn Safe
We understand how overwhelming parenting can be, but you’ve got this! This resource will tell you how you can keep your newborn safe at home, on the road, and at play:
Newborn Safety at a Glance (fact sheet) en Français