Install your Seat Tight
Read the instructions for your car seat. Every car seat model is different. It is important that you know how your car seat works.
Read the instructions for your car. Every car is different and how the car seats are installed into cars has changed over the years.
Tips for Installing Your Car Seat:
- Install your car seat in the back seat of your car.
- Avoid installing a rear-facing car seat in front of an arm rest that folds down.
- It is never safe to put a rear-facing car seat in a front seat with an active air bag.
- Your rear-facing car seat will recline. Check your instructions on how you can adjust your car seat base to recline. It is okay that older babies sit more upright and are not reclined to 45 degrees.
- You will install the car seat in the car by using one of the following: