Tools to support the Booster Seat Lesson Plan.
This 20 minute intervention is evidence-based
and well received by children and schools.
This program is a part of the NS curriculum for Grade 2 and can positively influence booster seat use for this age group.
This lesson can be presented by a teacher or another adult who is knowledgeable about the key messages of booster seat use.
There are also certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians who can also support this lesson in many communities.
Contact us to connect with these partners in your community.
Booster Seat Lesson Plan:
A letter has been sent to schools in Nova Scotia in collaboration with the Nova Scotia Department of Education and Early Childhood Development. English / French
Additional resources to support the lesson plan include:
- Certificates for the lesson plan: English / French
- Photo story to support the lesson plan: – English / French
- Frequently asked questions about booster seats: English only
- *New* Posters to support the lesson plan: English / French / Arabic
Click on the image below to download and print.
(These posters are available in 11 x 17 prints by request)
Additional Resources for Families
View Child Safety Link resources for families including videos, a postcard and tear-off sheets for each stage. Currently available in English, French & Arabic.
– Order print versions of these resources for free within the Atlantic provinces.
– Families with questions can also call our toll-free number at 1-866-288-1388.