How to Properly Fit your Child’s Helmet
When fitting a bike or skateboard helmet, use the 2V1 Rule:
- When the helmet is buckled tightly, 2 fingers should rest between your child’s eyebrow and the edge of the helmet.
- The strap should form a “V” under her ear.
- 1 finger should fit between her chin and the chin strap.
To learn more about using the “2V1″ Rule as a guide to fit your child’s helmet, click here to download our helmet fitting bookmark.
Watch the helmet fitting video from Parachute here!
To fit a ski or snowboard helmet, follow these rules:
- The front part of the helmet should sit 2 fingers above the eyebrows.
- The helmet should fit snug but comfortably, with 1 finger width under the chin strap.
- The back of the helmet should not touch the nape of the neck.
Click here to download our Helmet Fitting Guide for Ice Sports.